The objective of this position is two-fold. One is to insure those that contact our campus by phone or in person, are greeted with a friendly and efficient person that can assist them with their inquiry. Often, this person will be the first impression that a guest may have of our church, as well as a Christian example.
The other is to provide assistance to the Campus staff and Central Ministries staff. The Administrative Assistant will print specific materials on a weekly basis, such as programs and Sunday service handouts, as well as other documents as needed. The Administrative Assistant will protect the Atlee brand, and maintain an inventory of all printed material used by all campuses. By being a team player and a good organizer, the administrative assistant becomes an invaluable asset.
Some of the duties for the position include, but are not limited to:
• Answering the telephone. The greeting “It’s a great day at Atlee Church, this is ____, how may I help you?” is a great way to make the caller feel welcome.
• Greeting visitors in person. With a warm and friendly smile, and a willingness to help, those that visit our campus will feel safe and welcome.
• Proficient with the office equipment. Knowing how to operate the copier, Apple and PC computers, and phone system, and other equipment.
• Keeping office supplies ordered and in stock. Making sure the campus staff have the tools they need to do their jobs, as well as other supplies that are needed to print programs and other materials.
• Supply & document inventory. Having a system so that it is easy to find supplies and can easily determine what is on hand. This includes printed material for things like orientation class, membership class, baptism brochures, and other printed documents.
• Printing. Printing and organizing programs weekly for all campuses. Print and keep in stock response cards, tithe challenge cards, welcome booklets, membership booklets and applications, baptism brochures, gift assessment booklets, wedding guideline booklets, etc.
• Work area. The Administrative Assistant’s work area is to be kept neat and orderly, and at the end of each day, the desk should be cleared of paperwork. All sensitive material should be secured in a locked cabinet overnight.
• Campus calendar. Create and maintain the campus calendar and church calendar, making sure all events, rooms, and meetings are on the calendar.
• Confidentiality. The Administrative Assistant will be working with member and guests records. This information is highly confidential and must be protected. Caution must be taken to not leave this information in plain sight of other employees or guests at our campus. Confidentiality must be exercised in verbal communication as well. You cannot always share what you know. If there is doubt, please seek the advice of the Executive Pastor.
specific printing responsibilities
• Edit, print and cut weekly programs; distribute/mail quantity to appropriate campus
• Layout, edit and print other additional materials needed for the week (changes based on need for current series)
• Check stock, print any materials needed to replenish; keep items on hand so available when needed
• Fulfill request for campuses of specific printed materials
• Assemble packets, i.e. membership, baptism, wedding
• Update documents and printed materials as needed
assistance to the campus staff includes:
• Taking detailed phone messages
• Making copies
• General mailings
• Helping with projects
• Keeping calendar up to date
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor
STAFF RELATIONS, COORDINATION/COOPERATION WITH OTHER LEADERS, PERSONAL LIFE
• Model and support church’s vision and core values
• Keep staff and supervisors informed of projects and challenges
• Attend staff meetings and functions
• Protect the unity of church and pray for church leaders
• Keep reputation and relationships in harmony with God’s Word
• Commitment to family relations and healthy pace of life
• Honor God with my resources, by giving tithes and offerings
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Pastor. If any of the above duties become overwhelming, the Administrative Assistant should discuss it directly with the Executive Pastor, so that a resolve may be found.
The office hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:45am – 5pm. The Administrative Assistant should be at the front desk and available to answer phones and greet visitors at 9:00am.
Occasionally the workload may require the Administrative Assistant to be here past 5pm to complete a task. This is generally the exception and not the rule.
As outlined in the Staff Guidelines document, it is expected that the Administrative Assistant will keep their personal and spiritual life in proper alignment with God’s word and be an example to others of Jesus Christ and his teachings.
This is a part time, assistant level position. The average work week should encompass 28 - 30 hours per week as the norm. Variances to this schedule need to be approved by the Executive Pastor.
If you are interested in any of our positions, take some time to review our website and learn a bit about Atlee Church. Then complete the following forms, and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.